Wednesday, July 02, 2014

52 Lists // Twenty-seven


That pretentious attempt at pretending to be good at writing in fun fonts is supposed to say "Things in my bag right now" - just in case you were unsure! Pretty self-explanatory this one. Always heavy and usually including a book as well - I'd taken it out to complement my "don't move from the sofa" evening. I'm reading "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell - it's about first impressions and making decisions based on gut instinct and how it is okay to trust those feelings we get, even if they haven't been logically/rationally thought through. Isn't that a scary thought? The author argues that these decisions are often the best decision in any case, yet we haven't agonised over the pros and cons or our opinions haven't formed over a period of time. I think I am very much guided by my gut instincts but it would seem that that is not uncommon given that we are all so superb at it. There, I've just highlighted a talent you may not have even realised you had.

---------

This is part of the 52 Lists project, hosted by Emma at Made in Hunters. Please share your links with me if you are also taking part and even if you aren't, let me know your answers below!

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting stuff. I have quite good gut instincts that are more often than not proven right but I'm rarely confident enough to base a decision just on those; maybe I should have Blink in my handbag!!
    And FYI I kind of like the pretentious font, it reminds me of something we used to do as teenagers with a gazillion coloured pens and too much time on our hands.
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to always have chewing gun in my bag but ever since I've been living on a bit of a spending ban I never have any! I have to nick some from everyone else. Naughty me!
    My friend tagged me in a "What's in my bag" photo on Instagram the other day but my bag is just so dull that I really don't want to do it...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one ever seems to confess to all the detritus that collects at the bottom--bits of fluff, old tissues (that you aren't sure if they're clean or dirty), crumbs, and old parking receipts! I'm beginning to think that I'm proper skanky :P

    ReplyDelete