Thursday, May 15, 2014

Versailles // the Palace Gardens









Equipped with a picnic and the rest of the gardens to explore, A and I wandered around in the sunshine, stopping for lunch by the lake. We were incredibly lucky with the weather given that it was early March and not wearing a coat felt like an utter luxury. It was probably even too warm for tights!

Adventuring and relaxing in the vast grounds of the Palace was an absolute dream - the perfect setting for the ultimate catch-up.

Have you had a picnic yet this year?

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I loved Versailles but when we went the whole place was under a blanket of snow, gorgeous but freezing. I want to go back and see if the cat is still there that jumped on my knee the minute I crouched to stroke it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favourite places on earth. When I went it was so boiling though that we just wanted to stay in the shade :( Looks like you had a great time though! I'm yet to have my first picnic of the year!

    www.goodgirlgonebrum.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos! I cna't believe I've only just stumbled upon your lovely blog for the first time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos of one of my favourite places

    Faye | freckles-and-all.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this looks beautiful! The gardens were closed for filming when we went to Versailles & I wish we'd been able to sit by the lake with a picnic, especially with one like yours! Cheese & bread is the best! :-)

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post. I want to go to Versailles so much. And now I want to take a picnic like yours too. Especially the holey cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOLY SMOKES THESE PICTURES ARE SO BEAUTIFUL. LOOK AT THE SUN, LOOK AT THE VIEWS, LOOK AT YOUR BEAUTIFUL SMILING FACE! <3

    ReplyDelete