Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Paris // Musée d'Orsay




What's this?! An outfit of the day?!






Anything or anywhere I am willing to queue for is backed by a real need for me to be there. It's the same for you I'm sure. So if I'm willing to queue despite poor outer garment choice on a windy day, with a mere cereal bar for sustenance, you know it had to be at the top of my list for places to visit. I am pleased to report that the Musée d'Orsay was absolutely worth the wait. 

In some ways it is wonderful that you aren't allowed to take photographs of the actual exhibits. I definitely fall into the category of snap happy shutterbug, especially when roaming a beautiful city, but I have been left to question whether this sucks the fun out of everything slightly. M is the opposite to me in that he has never owned a camera, only has about 3 photos on his phone and prefers to store all the memories in his head instead, he says. He feels that if you capture your holiday through photographs, you will have a tendency each time you think about the holiday to only think of it through photographs, therefore potentially missing out the little moments that reallllyyyyy make a holiday. Is it true that when you remember something you are only remembering the last time you thought of it? I read that somewhere and ought to check its accuracy, but it is an interesting concept. How much of what we think is organic and how much is a rehash of the thoughts we put there last time?

On an aside, how lovely is my friend A and how pretty is her outfit? I can't say this is going to become a space for fashion observations but you know, Paris, A and the weather were all so lovely, we had to put them all together.

Address: 1 Rue de la Légion d'Honneur, 75007 Paris

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. What a thought about photographs and memories, I'm snap happy too, but I know what he means. Plus you'll sometimes force a situation or a smile for a photo and the reality might be much funnier!

    Paris looks as beautiful as always! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a babe! this post brought a smile to my face, you both look gorgeous and the photographs are fantastic. Plus you always give us something more to think about... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I see your smiling face in a blog post it makes me happy. x

    ReplyDelete