Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday Roundup




This week I have been:

Plotting: with M's friends to surprise him for his birthday! It has been so fun sneaking around being secretive and the result was just brilliant as he didn't suspect a thing! More about that in another post soon.

Listening to: Muse - The 2nd Law. What a fantastically underrated album.

Reading: about how to do advocacy without melting into a horrible mess

Eating: CAKE CAKE CAKE 

Drinking: flasks of tea. My Thermos keeps my tea hot hot hot from 6.45am all the way until 4pm and whilst I kind of understand how insulation works, I do still think "HOW?!" every time. 

Watching: Stacey Dooley's documentary about Cancun and the Great British Bake Off Final! I love Frances' creations so I was pleasantly surprised when she won. Her wedding cake was stunning compared to the others and the whole way through the series I was constantly impressed with how clever her ideas are. You can imagine how excited I was when she retweeted something I tweeted her as well!

Playing: chess with M because it's up there in our top 3 favourite pastimes. Oh and playing with the kitten of course (but that probably goes without saying).

What did you get up to this week?
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely week. I am glad you were as excited about the Bake Off Final as I was! Hope you were pleased with the result! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a Muse fan and the 2nd Law is a brilliant album indeed :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating cakes sounds amazing! Cute post! I really enjoy your blog and would love to follow each other--please visit mine and I'll follow you back :)
    xo Jess
    www.stylizedluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really happy that Frances won. She was streets ahead of the other two with the wedding cake challenge--I wouldn't have been happy with their efforts at my wedding, and Frances's would only be suitable if it was a rustic/outdoors wedding. Her blog is rather fabulous; I love seeing the drawings turned into cakes.

    ReplyDelete