Friday, May 24, 2013

Baking with Beeta


How to make Beeta's squishy squashy knobbly bobbly savoury scones. I make these for my dad as he often has to miss out on my cake creations as he isn't allowed much sugar. Now I know scones are terribly difficult to get the hang of but when it comes to having the munchies, I care little for presentation as long as the flavour is just right. With this in mind, my squishy squashy knobbly bobbly scones are my somewhat perfect twist on the elegant scone. And there's a whole load of variety to be explored.



All you need are the following ingredients and about 25 minutes of your precious time:
-  225g self raising flour
-  a pinch of salt
-  25g butter
-  25g grated cheese (I used good old cheddar but there is definitely room for experimentation)
-  1 small onion and/or some chopped parsley and/or half a red pepper (diced)
-  150ml milk

1. Sieve the flour into a bowl and add the salt.
2. Add the butter and rub it in the salty flour mixture until you've scraped most of the mixture off the sides of the bowl
3. Stir in the cheese and/or onion and/or parsley and/or red pepper.


4. Add the milk and mix it all up until it becomes doughy. 
5. It gets a bit messy now as the dough is a bit sticky but pat it out onto a floured surface and gently knead.
6. I couldn't find any appropriately shaped cutters so I formed squishy scone shapes with my hands, but you can also use a cup if you so wish.
7. Place on a greased tray and pop in the oven at 220 degrees C for 12-15 minutes.



And ta-dahhhhhh, messy but utterly delicious with a scrape of butter savoury scones. Easy :)















Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment