Tuesday, July 24, 2012

you are my sunshine, my only sunshine


Today, Mikey and I were treated to a lovely river cruise on the Thames, courtesy of Lauren and Stefan's 21st birthday present to us last year! Yet another thing ticked off from my list of things to do that involve walking and were therefore impossible this time a few weeks ago! New achievement in there as well (note photo number 1 below) - ONE crutch!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee! It was a bit tricky with all the stairs at train stations etc but I did try and let other people go in front so that they wouldn't get stuck behind me for hours. 

We boarded the boat at Embankment and enjoyed a three-course lunch whilst seeing the sights of London, including the Globe, Big Ben, the Eye, the ugly Shard and Canary Wharf. Complete with a Michael Buble compilation album playing to set the tone :)

Afterwards, we sat in the glorious sunshine in Victoria Embankment Gardens which look particularly beautiful (for the Olympics I suppose!). Does anybody know why the little Olympics alien guy is called Wenlock?? I met him...see below! Some table tennis tables caught my attention and they reminded me of the parks in Iran. I'd never seen them here before but I think it is a great idea! 

In the evening, we had a little peek in the National Portrait Gallery (my favourite place!) and then met Gemma and Teddy for drinks near Trafalgar Square which was also lovelyyyyy.

All in all, a wonderful day! I love London :)





Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. How great to read and see from your pictures that you are up and about. One crutch is brilliant, so well done. The day looks lovely, how good that summer finally arrived in time for you.
    Thinking of you, Beeta.
    (and don't bother to reply, I just ramble on quite happily!)

    ReplyDelete